Since the AeroPress burst onto the home coffee making scene in 2005, it’s become nothing short of a phenomenon. Wildly popular, and with good reason, the AeroPress makes a perfect cup of coffee every time, with no mess and no fuss. Since its arrival, many coffee lovers have been keen to share their tips and experience with the AeroPress online.
Here at York Coffee Emporium, we are also a huge fan of the device and in its honour, we’d like to share with you our best-found tips, tricks and secret, unconventional ways to brew your coffee in an AeroPress.
TIPS TO TRY
- Do a ‘blind’ press with boiling water to soak the paper filter. This helps to prevent the solid coffee grains sticking to the edge without brewing.
- Buy a metal filter instead of a paper one. This keeps sediment out whilst still letting the oils soak through for added flavour when compared to the paper filter.
- Use freshly filtered tap water for an extra soft and smooth drinking experience.
- Experiment with brewing times and coffee beans to mix up your coffee drinking experience.
- Add drinking chocolate powder into the cylinder during brewing for a chocolatey extra.
We’ve already shared the standard method of brewing with AeroPress but the most talked about method flying around the web at the moment is the inverted AeroPress method. This stops the hot water leaking through the filter and into the cup before it has time to fully brew. Many videos can be found on the internet to aid you with this method. Here is one of our favourites that captures the straightforward nature of this alternative method:
We’re not just sharing these great tips we’re also sharing the coffee love.
Exclusive now to York Coffee Emporium get a free 200g bag of coffee with every AeroPress purchased. You can choose from four different coffees depending on your preference of flavours and strength.
As an Emporium favourite, we can never recommend enough our Emporium Excelso blended coffee for Smokey, Chocolate, Sweet, Citrus & Lemon flavours.
There are so many ways to make great coffee, it's fun to experiment and experience the many methods and recipes. If you have been experimenting with the AeroPress please drop us a line and tell us your secret or leave a product review!